Tuesday, March 31, 2009

defending God

I'm becoming very comfortable with a passage from Zechariah I preached on last week - 2:5: "For I will be a wall of fire all around it, says the Lord, and I will be the glory within it."  While God is talking about the possible rebuilding of the walls around Jerusalem after the return of the exiles, I thought it had a lot to say about how much time we spend (dare we say erroneously) defending God (his holiness, the truth, et. al.), when God says he's fully capable of doing that himself.  What we're freed to do, then, is to invite and share Jesus Christ.  That's what we've been authorized to do; yet, we spend so much of our time doing the things God is capable of, and has assigned to, himself.
-- Rev. Andrew Prin, Cross of Glory Lutheran Church , Mounds View, MN

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free web hit counter