Tuesday, February 05, 2008

India

St. Paul's Lutheran School in India

While I was attending seminary, more than 10 years ago, I had the privilege of studying with Rev. Luther Dasari. Luther had already been ordained in India, but came to the U.S. to broaden his education and seek support for his ministry.
Currently, Luther is president of the Association of Free Lutheran Congregations in India which plants new churches, maintains orphanages and "old people's homes," runs medical camps in areas without hospitals, and operates St. Paul's School, which emphasizes education for disadvantaged lower caste children.
A few days ago, I set up a new blog for the school; I urge you to check it periodically for up to date reports -- click here.
We're also in the process of setting up a non-profit corporation in Minnesota to assist transfer of donations to the school and AFLC - India. I will let you know as soon as it is established. In the meanwhile, do not hesitate to write to me for more information about ways how you can help.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free web hit counter