Sunday, December 09, 2007

Christmas Math

Each year about this time I feel my anxiety level rising as I worry about the Christmas gifts I want to get for friends & family. What to get? -- when to find time for shopping? -- who am I forgetting? The following by Meg Cox helped slow down my racing thoughts -- maybe it will help you:

At this time of year, like many of you, I start to cringe at all the fake cheer. I feel that if I see one more over-decorated store, I will choke. Most of these stores are filled with poorly made goods that nobody needs and the very air feels clogged with tinsel.
I want to run away to a clean room with a decorated tree and a pine-scented candle on the mantelpiece. I want to sit in a cozy armchair and read a good book to my kid while we drink cocoa.
Then, it will feel like Christmas.
Don't add more to your to-do list this year. Subtract anything you can if it makes you feel dis-spirited. Only add activities if they make it feel more like Christmas to you!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free web hit counter