Sunday, February 11, 2007

bread for the soul & body

As you know from my posts, I am a fan of Henri Nouwen. One of his first books I read was The Genesee Diary in which he describes his decision-making process on whether to become a Trappist monk at Genesee Abbey. One of the Abbey's fund raising projects is baking bread. When I had read that it was now available on the web, of course I had to order some. It is very good, although rather expensive by the time you take into account shipping. You can check it out at the Bread Store by clicking here. Do note that they are in the process of revising their order system; I no longer see the 3-loaf package that I ordered.

The following is a quote from the Genesee Diary:
True contemplatives, then, are not the ones who withdrew from the world to save their own soul, but the ones who enter into the center of the world and pray to God from there.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free web hit counter