Saturday, December 16, 2006

determination

I had heard that Short Eared Owls had been observed near Pool 10 of the Carlos Avery Wildlife Management Area. So, of course, I had to go since I had never seen nor photographed this particular owl. As the sun was setting, sure enough, about a half-dozen of them were flying about, like playing tag. But their game was a very serious one, namely, to catch food. One after another they would dive into the clumps of dead prairie grasses -- nine out of ten times coming up with nothing. But no doubt it was their hunger, that kept them going. I left only after it got too dark to take pictures; they were still at it.

I wish I would have that same desperate determination in seeking God. It is too easy to forget my need for his constant presence -- until I have gone too long without his guidance and done something quite stupid -- only then do I seem to wake up and get back to my search. Let us have that determination of the owl before it is too late.


Seek the LORD while he may be found,
call upon him while he is near.
Isaiah 55:6

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free web hit counter