Friday, December 22, 2006

Advent reading for December 23

The angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And now, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you will name him Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his ancestor David. He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”

-- Luke 1:30-33


We are not simply to believe, but to watch; not simply to love, but to watch; not simply to obey, but to watch; to watch for what? for that great event. Christ’s coming!

-- John Henry Newman

God be in my head and in my understanding;

God be in my eyes and in my looking;

God be in my mouth and in my speaking;

God be in my heart and in my thinking;

God be at my end and at my departing.

Amen.

-- Sarum Primer Prayer


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free web hit counter