Thursday, December 21, 2006

Advent reading for December 22

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life.

Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

-- John 3:16-17

I shall not die, I shall live

and recount God’s deeds.

You are my God, I thank you.

My God, I praise you.

Give thanks to the LORD who is good;

for God’s love endures for ever.

-- Psalm 118:17, 28-29


Sever me from myself that I may be grateful to you;

may I perish to myself that I may be safe in you,

may I die to myself that I may live in you;

may I wither to myself that I may blossom in you;

may I be emptied of myself that I may abound in you;

may I be nothing to myself that I may be all to you.

Amen.

-- Desiderius Erasmus


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free web hit counter