Sunday, December 17, 2006

Advent reading for December 18

So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the word of Christ.

-- Romans 10:17


I have called to you, LORD; hasten to help me!

Hear my voice when I cry to you.

Let my prayer arise before you like incense,

the raising of my hands like an evening oblation.

-- Psalm 141:1-2

Give yourself to me, my God; restore yourself to me. I show you my love, but if it is too little, give me strength to love you more. All that I know is this: that unless you are with me, and not only beside me but in my very self, for me there is nothing but evil; and whatever riches I have, unless they are my God, they are only poverty. Amen.

-- Augustine, Bishop of Hippo


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free web hit counter