Sunday, October 22, 2006

quick review

I just finished watching the first episode of The Monastery (see my previous post today). It was better than I expected; the selection of the five individuals seems a little contrived, but the beautiful photography made up for it; I'd love to spend some time there. The mode of life at Christ in the Desert Monastery is more strict than at the monasteries I have visited. The monks follow The Rule of St. Benedict more literally, which I can certainly respect. As I watch future episodes, I expect I may have more observations to share.

For an application of
The Rule in lay life, I can recommend Br. Benet's new book,
How to Be a Monastic And Not Leave Your Day Job: An Invitation to Oblate Life (Voice from the Monastery)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free web hit counter