Wednesday, July 26, 2006

visit the sick

This morning I had the privilege of visiting one of the parishioners of Beaver Lake Lutheran at Regions Hospital. I'm filling in this week (through Sunday) for Pastor Charlie. It was truly a joy to make the hospital call since I do not presently have a congregation to serve as pastor. I urge every one of you to think about whom you might visit -- not just those in hospitals, but also in nursing homes, or those who are confined to their homes or apartments for various reasons. I promise you that you will be glad you did.
Visitation (and care for others) is an important command from Jesus. When we visit those in need, we are indeed visiting Jesus.

Jesus said: Then the king will say to those at his right hand, "Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me. . . . Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me."

Matthew 25: 34-36, 40

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free web hit counter