Monday, July 24, 2006

justice

After an absence of several weeks, it was good to return to Springbrook Nature Center in Fridley early this morning -- even with all of the mosquitoes and humidity. Crossing over this stream I was reminded of a verse from the prophet Amos. I was thinking about it because on the way to the center I was listening to the news from Israel/Lebanon. What is the right course for these countries? As Christians, what is our obligation towards them? Later I heard an interview with the author of a book about the Guantanamo prisoners. Even though the Supreme Court has ruled that they are entitled to basic rights under the Geneva Convention, the administration is resisting the ruling by various motions in the courts. In view of the ruling, no more new prisoners are sent to Guantanamo -- the new ones are moved to secret CIA prisons in other countries. Where is justice?

Take away from me the noise of your songs; I will not listen to the melody of your harps. But let
justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.
Amos 5:23-24

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free web hit counter