Saturday, July 22, 2006

flower



Last week I upgraded my cell phone to a 700p Treo which has a better than average cell phone camera. Of course I had to verify that claim. The picture on the left is one of my first with this phone; so far, I'm pleased with it. Now, if I can just figure out how to post the videos it takes ...




While mowing the lawn this afternoon, I continued to reflect upon my study of Respecting the Enemy (see yesterday's post). Too often I dwell upon the wrongs and hurts that have been imposed on me. The following helps:


The comic strip character Pogo once said, "We have met the enemy and he is us." We must be aware of that enemy who lies within each of us. And we can begin by paying attention to our inner dialogues. Set in motion by the words or actions of others, such dialogues cause us to endlessly rehash old offenses, real or imagined. Such thoughts take hold of us, possess us, and make us our own worst enemies. Becoming aware of our inner dialogues -- and then changing them -- helps us step off this path to self-destruction.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free web hit counter