Saturday, April 08, 2006

growing old

I don't know about you, but as I get older I find myself more stiff in the morning, more tired at night, with minor aches in places I didn't know I have. One good friend of mine had knee surgery yesterday; another is fighting weight problems and diabetes. Our bodies will eventually give out, assuming we occupy them long enough. It can be discouraging were it not for the word of the Lord in Paul's 2nd letter to the Corinthians, chapter 4:
So we do not lose heart, Even though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day.
That is comfort for the believer! Whether we interpret Paul to be speaking about our physical body or the tribulations faced by Christians, Lenski writes, "The inner person blossoms into new youth, beauty, and strength day by day. This inner renewal is not hindered but is only helped by the tribulation that assails the outer person."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free web hit counter