Tuesday, October 11, 2005

E-mail from Estonia

Many who read this blog are familiar with Rev. Roland Tonisson from Estonia. While attending the AFLC Seminary, he lived at Faith, the church I served at the time. A few days ago I received an e-mail from him describing some major changes in his life.

Hello, Ivars! Thank you for holding me on the list of readers! It has always been very interesting to get to know your thoughts & some news from States and Minnesota.

How is Faith congregation doing? Greetings to them!

I have had some major changes in my life recently. I studied at the Estonian School of Diplomacy, transferred my credits, and got a masters degree in International Relations and European Investigations. I applied for a vacancy at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and passed. Probably in November I will start there. I don't know, what position will be available. Anyway - they asked me if I was able to live without pork for 3 years, and "Do you like Arabic?"

But God knows what He has prepared for me. I just hope, that you won't see me on Al-Jazeera news, with a request to pull out Western troops. I am pretty sure, that my field of work will include relations between politics and religion. This I know the best, I think. Well, we will see. Speaking of this, I truly hope that Lord won't take me away from Europe, as He planned considering Nineveh. Days of His grace seem still to be here...

Well! Please remember me and my family in your prayers! I wish you, Ivars, all the best, and God's love in your days. With the best memories from Minnesota and Faith.

Roland


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

free web hit counter